What are cookies?
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|Demandware Analytics||dwsid||Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.|
|Google Analytics||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|Google Plus One Cookies||beat, uls, nid, pref||These third party Google cookies are all typically written to the browser upon the loading of Google Plus One social media buttons.|
|Other Google Cookies||sid, apisid, hsid, sapisid, ssid, nid, pref, uls||These third party Google cookies are all typically written to the browser upon the loading of Google Maps, Street View and YouTube videos.|
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of a website, particularly in relation to online transactions.
- To enable Hi-Tec to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Hi-Tec meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
What information is collected?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Hi-Tec, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Hi-Tec and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes.
How can I control what cookies are set?
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options” and click on the “privacy” tab. Select the setting the appropriate setting.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”, then click on the icon “privacy”. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
- For Google Chrome: Click the wrench button on the toolbar, select settings and click show advanced settings. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings.